Tuesday, February 6, 2007

What to say?????? What not to say???????

Well its been only one post in my blog and a long long long gap between my next post. The reasons for this delay were many but now that I am here to blog how do all those reasons matter?????
Actually I did spend a lot of time thinking as to what I should be writing in my blog. And to be frank, I am still not sure as to what I would be writing in this blog even thought I have started typing. Well I better think of something soon.........

(After thinking for some more time)

Well now that I have wasted enough time, I thought I would tell you about the very first trip that I went with my friends(on our own, no parents no constraints). Well the location was not excatly the place that we would have loved to go but we all were ready to go to any place as long as we were on our own. The location was Tirumala, a holy shrine of Lord Venkateshwara. We were all excited even before the actual trip was completely finalized. We ran around booking counters to book tickets for the trip. We were happy that we booked our seats in the APSRTC buses. The reason for the happiness being that we save something about 20 bucks per ticket(20 bucks was a lot of money for us at that time). On the night we had all our parents who came to see us off at the bus station and there was a long list of what to do and what not to do that were told to us by them. But the fact is that none of us were even bothering to listen to what they were saying and were just nodding our heads. Finally it was a huge relief when the bus started. We said our final goodbyes to our parents and left. There were six of us altogether. Naveen, Raghu, Sandy, Vicky, Vinay and me. All of us were excited and were talking in the bus late till that night. Finally some passenger had to shout at us so that we could keep our mouths shut. After that all these five people slept. Later we reached the destination in the wee hours of the morning. We had decided earlier that we would be climbing the hill and so we started off at somewhere around 4 in the morning. Getting up so early was very rare for all of us. Many of us were sleepy but we still enjoyed this completely. Well, the first few steps all of us were in full josh and climbed them in a hurry. None of us had done this by foot earlier. After sometime we realized that we had a long long way to go and had to conserve our energy. So the pace came down. On the way we had many many pit stops, ranging from 5 to 30 minutes. Finally we reached the top of the hill after around 4 hours or so. On the top we realized that our luggage had not yet arrived. Also we could not have a darshan till the next day. So we relaxed the whole day doing nothing but wailing away our time.
The next day, we all got up early and were getting ready to go to the darshan. Sandy who was one among the laziest of our gang got up late as usual. Suddenly I got an idea. I offered to put toothpaste on his brush so that he could freshen up fast. (I still cant understand how Sandy agreed knowing that I would usually never do anything like that). Well I did put paste on his brush, but is was a fairness cream. He came and started to brush with the same thing. After doing this for some time, he got suspicious that there was no lather in the cream. We somehow managed to convince him that it was a new paste in the market and the amount of later in it was very less. I must say that he was pretty impressed with the smell of the cream. And he continued to brush. Then Naveen (I think) came over and said that we had enough of fun and told Sandy the truth. Sandy was pretty angry but he took it in the right spirit.(However later I learnt that he had planned to put toothpaste in my shampoo bottle to take revenge on me. But plans flopped.Hehehehehe). Well after this we all got ready and had darshan.
Even before we knew the trip was almost coming to and end. We booked our return tickets. Called up our houses and told them that everything was fine and that we were leaving for home. On the journey back home, all of us were tired to do anything. However all of us were happy that we had accomplished something great.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

rey everything is except my story their remove tht from your blog da

Morpheus said...

super story maga..... next what post and when????

Raghunandan said...

It started of with u othlaa...then ur gang got the name....so wat is ur future goal..company name change to othlaa tree where u ppl sit below it a play mafia...it will b superb